Standard Rules, Terms and Conditions for Call-in Contests and Giveaways
WSGE periodically offers opportunities to listeners to call in to win prizes such as concert tickets and compact discs. The following rules generally apply to all such call-in contests sponsored by WSGE over-the-air. In addition, any terms and conditions announced at the time of any particular contest or giveaway will supplement these standard rules, terms and conditions.
- No purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local regulations apply. The call-in Contests are sponsored by WSGE and from time to time, by additional parties (“Sponsors”).
- Eligibility. Contest is offered only to legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Limit one winner per household. Limit one winner per immediate family. “Immediate family” refers to parents, spouses, siblings, children, grandchildren, and grandparents. Contest is offered only to North Carolina and South Carolina residents who reside within the Arbitron market in which WSGE is physically located. Employees and volunteers of WSGE, any co-sponsoring entities, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and their advertising or promotional agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and the immediate families or members of the same households of such individuals are not eligible. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this Contest or reproduce or distribute any portion of these rules to their members. Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to Sponsors upon request. Sponsors will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. Winners of a WSGE contest within the past 60 days are not eligible. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if these Contest rules are not followed.
- To Enter. By entering, you agree to comply with all applicable law and these Contest rules, as well as any other rules announced at the time of the particular Contest, and you agree to abide by all decisions of the Sponsors. The Contest entry periods for call-in Contests typically last only for the short period of time defined by WSGE’s on-air personality conducting the Contest. Such contests typically employ an entry method where a certain number caller wins. Sponsors are not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, damaged, undeliverable or delayed. Entries generated by any automated means are void.
- How to Win and Odds of Winning.For call-in Contests, Winner will typically be determined by the order in which calls are received, such that the caller whose call is received as the numbered caller announced by the on-air personality is the Winner (for example, the 7th caller). All winners are subject to verification. Winners will be notified at the time they call in.Odds of winning depend on the number of listeners calling in and the order in which calls are received. Due to the time delay that exists between WSGE’s over-the-air signal and WSGE’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the webcast may hear the cue to call or other Contest information later than listeners listening to WSGE’s over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds may be diminished of an online listener winning the Contest.
- Prizes. Prizes are typically compact discs or concert tickets. WSGE on-air personalities will announce at the time of each Contest what the prize is. Typical prize values for call-in Contests and giveaways are between $10 and $50. In the event an announced prize becomes unavailable, Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of winning. Prizes must be claimed at the WSGE Studios, 201 Highway 321 South, Dallas, North Carolina 28034. To claim prize, winners must provide a valid driver’s license, military identification, or state identification card. Prizes not claimed by claim date will be forfeited. Prizes are non-transferable by winners.
- Terms and Conditions; Limitation of Liability. Participants are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these Contest Rules, as well as any other rules, terms or conditions announced by WSGE at the time of the Contests, and by entering, participants agree to be bound to these and all such rules, terms and conditions. Any security breach or other attempt by an entrant or other party to tamper with the proper administration of the Contest will disqualify the entrant and may result in civil or criminal action against the entrant or other party and may result in the discontinuation, suspension, or cancellation of the Contest. Winners and entrants agree, except where prohibited by law, to release and discharge, hold harmless and indemnify the Contest Entities, their employees, agents and representatives, officers and directors and their immediate families, successors and assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest, from any and all tax liability that may be imposed or associated with receipt or use of the prizes, and from and against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, and liability for any damages, expenses, fees, injury or losses (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize or while traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any Contest-related or prize-related activity. By entering the Contest or by winning, participants grant to the Contest Entities the right to publicize in any media worldwide and in perpetuity the participant’s name, photograph, image, likeness, voice, statements, and biographical information for advertising, trade, and promotion purposes without compensation and without opportunity for review, except where prohibited by law. Winners must execute an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release when claiming prizes. A parent or legal guardian of winners under the age of 18 will also be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release on behalf of the minor child. Winners under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to participate in all Contest-related activities, including claiming the prize. If tickets or any other prize allow the Winner to take a guest, the guest may be required to execute a liability and publicity release, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsors retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these rules. All decisions of Sponsors are final and discretionary. In the event the selected winner(s) of the prize are/is ineligible or refuse(s) the prize or in the event the prize is forfeited for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may randomly select an alternate winner from remaining entries. The laws of the State of North Carolina shall govern this Contest, without regard to North Carolina’s choice of law rules. The courts of North Carolina and Gaston County shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Rules and/or this Contest. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Contest, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of North Carolina. For prizes valued at $600 or greater, winner must provide his or her Social Security Number for tax purposes. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prizes are responsibility of winner.
- Disclaimer and Force Majeure. Contest Entities, their affiliated, parent, and subsidiary companies, their employees, agents and officers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest are not responsible for: (1) problems associated with television transmission, radio transmission, cable transmission, satellite transmission, phone lines, facsimile, or cable lines and/or phone or IP numbers that are beyond their control-this includes, but is not limited to: a busy signal, operator interference, cellular interference, Internet congestion, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt a phone call, facsimile transmission, email transmission, or any other transmission, cable modem service, or other Internet interruptions or malfunctions or for technical or other difficulties that may prohibit, prevent, or interfere with the transmission of television or radio signals to all or limited geographic areas during the Contest or that may prohibit, prevent, or interfere with the acquisition, completion, or submission of an entry; failures of or other problems relating to telephone, cellphone or other device or computer hardware, software, the Internet, or similar systems, including but not limited to difficulties relating to contestants’ ISP, DSL, telephone, or cable modem access, “worms,” or viruses; (2) typographical errors in any materials relating to the Contest; (3) lost, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, or delayed entries; (4) cancellations, postponements, or delays; (5) Acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or other similar causes beyond the control of the Contest Entities, their affiliated, parent, and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies and their immediate assigns, making it inadvisable, illegal, impossible, or impractical to continue the Contest or to perform under these Rules. In the event of any of the foregoing, Sponsors reserve the right to suspend, terminate, modify, or continue the Contest, in their sole discretion. Contest Entities make no warranty, guarantee, or representation of any kind concerning any prize, and Contest Entities specifically DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
- Official Rules and List of Winners. To receive a copy of these official Contest Rules, visit www.wsge.org, or send an SASE to or visit the WSGE studios, 201 Highway 321 South, Dallas, North Carolina 28034. Official rules supersede all other published editions. Sponsors reserve the right to change, alter, or amend these Contest rules as necessary, in their sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Contest or to comply with applicable law. For a list of winners’ names, send an SASE by within 60 days of the date on which the call-in Contest occurred, with a note or letter clearly identifying the particular contest and requesting the winners list to the address listed above.