Phenomenal Woman Award
In honor of Women’s History Month – in March, WSGE asked for nominations for a woman who has made significant contributions in the community or volunteer organizations. Your input was vital, and we are thankful to those that took the time to nominate that deserving woman in your life. We will notify the winner on March 20.
The following criteria was used in making the award:
- Continuing and significant commitment to community service as reflected in participation in programs and initiatives which are responsive to community and social needs.
- The length and degree of their service.
- The degree to which their service has made lasting or meaningful contributions to the community.
Nominating Procedures and Rules: NOMINATIONS CLOSED MARCH 10 at 5pm.
- All nominations must be for volunteer work performed within the WSGE Radio listening area.
- The nomination form must be filled out completely and all questions answered.
- More than one person may be nominated and individuals can nominate themselves.
- Attachments and/or supplemental materials cannot be submitted online with the nomination form. Nominations with attachments and/or supplemental material must be sent via U.S Mail or dropped off at WSGE Radio, Monday – Friday during business hours. The station is located in the Craig Arts and Sciences Building, Room 115 on the Dallas Campus of Gaston College.
- Nominators should provide specific details when describing the nominee and focus on successful efforts, contributions accomplishments.
- All nominations must be received by Friday, March 10, 2017 at 5 p.m.
Selection Process and Recognition:
- A committee of station staff and community volunteers will select the winner.
- The winner will be notified by e-mail by March 20, 2017
- The winner will be recognized and interviewed on-air during The Roundtable Sunday Edition and will receive a Certification of Recognition and a $100 Visa gift card.