91 Seconds of Fame
Are you an Independent Artist (not signed to a record label) that really want your music played on the radio? We want to help because WSGE is committed to playing music by independent artists, especially those from North and South Carolina.
That’s why we are accepting song entries for 91 Seconds of Fame. For consideration, please submit a song that is compatible with one of the station’s formats on CD or MP3 that was professionally recorded no earlier than 2020 along with a bio to WSGE by mail (address on the home page of the website) or to email@example.com no later than Saturday, July 23, 2022.
Throughout the month of August when we celebrate “Carolina Music Month” 91 seconds of selected songs will be featured weekly on Friday at 12 noon. From the song entries received, one winner will be selected based on audience feedback and station staff evaluation. The winning artist or band will receive a Certificate of Recognition, an all-inclusive 3 hour recording session – including recording, mixing and mastering for a maximum of four people from the Broadcasting and Production Technology Department at Gaston College and the opportunity to be interviewed on The Independent Artist Spotlight with Tim Greene. Special consideration will be given to artists that are natives of North or South Carolina or currently residing in these states, but the promotion is open to all US Citizens.
91 Second of Fame Submission Rules:
- The song must be submitted with a bio and contact information for consideration.
- The song cannot contain obscenity or profane language.
- The song must be an original composition and no more than three minutes.
- The song must have been recorded no earlier than 2019.
- The song must be appropriate for one of WSGE formats – Adult Album Alternative (Alt Rock, Folk, Americana, Alt Country), Beach/Shag, Blues, Rhythm & Blues or Gospel
- Submitted CDs or Mp3s will not be returned to artist/band.
- Only one song entry per artist/band.
- Selected entries may not be included in the permanent music rotation.
- The promotion is open to US citizens 18 years of age and older.
Be part of the WSGE musical family like the following independent artists: Camryn Wilson, Kalin Roberson, Arsena Schroeder, Pam Taylor, Angela Easterling, Tony Eltora, Gigi Dover & The Big Love, The Menders The HC Oakes Band, Mirror Point, Temperance League and many more. It’s time for your 91 Seconds of Fame!